Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Sunday 29 January 2012

I feel like a spy

I was supposed to go town today, to see some CNY festival thing in Birmingham, but someone decided not to go out after all..

Anyway, I stayed home and did some DIY. You know how some chavs smashed some windows? My dad wanted to catch them. And what better way than to use a hidden camera? Seems like the police couldn't be bothered to help, so this was my solution.

 This is a screenshot of the laptop. Basically what I did was, position the camera on the windowsill and used 'Yawcam' to preview the alleyway. Yawcam also allows me to detect motion, so that whenever something moves, it takes a picture and e-mails it to me. I can also check the cam through my iPod Touch or my phone.









My phone


3 comments:

  1. So are you gonna get photos every time the wind blows the trees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, i changed the tolerance so that some movement gets captured

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's really cool! Hope you can catch those stupid guys soon!

    ReplyDelete