Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Saturday 7 January 2012

I cried from an anime

"Five childhood friends grow apart after the death of Meiko Honma, close playmate of them all. Jinta Yadomi, leader of the group when they were kids, neglects high school and lives as a shut-in when he unexpectedly starts seeing the ghost of Meiko, who can only interact with him and no one else. She has returned to ask Jinta to fulfill the forgotten wish she made as a kid."

Okay, so I've just finished watching an anime. It's called Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Or just Ano Hana for short.

Oh before I get into the juicy stuff, I should let you know now that this most may not appeal to you if you're not an otaku or anime freak or whatever. Some of you are still gonna read this anyway, I can tell...

Ano Hana is unlike any other anime I have ever watched. What makes it so special? Well, it's everything. I'm not kidding, everything made it special. From the music to the artwork, everything made Ano Hana a very enjoyable and unforgettable experience. The main character, called Jintan or something, is someone I could actually relate to, and I genuinely felt sorry for him and times you were supposed to. It's the fact that as a kid, he was the stereotypical leader that all his friends looked up to, but you see him now and whilst he's completely different, he still retains his leadership characteristics. The way the creators did this is so subtle and brilliant.

It wasn't only Jintan that stood out, the other characters are each so unique and loveable that it made me just wanna watch more and more. I finished the anime in two days, though in total, there's only 11 22 minute episodes. However, this meant the anime was very compact and wasted no time with useless scenes.

I'm the kind of guy who can't express his feelings into words properly, so everything I've written here may not make sense, but you'll have to bear with me, sorry.

In fact, is anyone even reading this?

Almost every episode in this anime made you feel emotional some how. Either happy or sad, each episode made you feel this way. It's amazing how a cartoon can make you feel these things. I captured the feelings the artist wanted to portray completely.

Anyhow, I'll give this anime a 10/10. Although it will only appeal to hardcore anime fans.

By the way, animecon on February 11th and 12th. Anyone wanna go?

This is the song that is played at the end of the anime. You might cry from just listening to this song.


By the way, I'm not a pussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment