Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Sunday 1 January 2012

2012: A New Year, A New Blog

Hi readers!

I see you've come across my new blog. It looks a lot different doesn't it?

You may notice that all my other posts have gone, but that is not the case! I have simply changed the blog address to www.stripeytofu2011.blogspot.com. The reason for this is because that blog is now over a year old, and is starting to get cluttered. For 2012, I have started this blog which should hopefully be more organised.

Of course, you can still read the posts from the old blog. I probably won't even touch it again.

So let's start the first post on stripeytofu 2012 with a bang! And no, that isn't a pun involving the end of the world. Although I heard that that was only gonna happen in December of this year, not at the beginning.

Last Christmas
Christmas 2011, was decent. I think the main problem was that it didn't feel like Christmas, at all! The atmosphere wasn't there, and I blame that on the lack of snow. I've only seen it snow once this winter, and it was only for 5 minutes on the way to school. As for presents, I received some money and a nice Marvel wallet. My brother on the other hand received a brand new PS3 Slim, which I play on a lot. How come he got the bigger present? Ah wells, I'll personally try to make Christmas 2012 the best Christmas my family has ever had!

Looking back at 2011 as a year
Now that I got the short Christmas paragraph out the way, let me focus on the year 2011. It's a been a roller-coaster of ups and downs for me. More downs if I'm honest. In fact, have there been any ups? Ah, I'm sure I'll find some.

...

Alright, I got nothing. I can't even remember what happened last week. Okay, let me generalise things.


  1. I've liked over, ten girls, maybe? Ten girls, but I never have the courage to ask them out. No, courage isn't the right word. It's more like, I'm always in the friend zone, so things would never happen. Meh, forget this, I'll leave it for another post.
  2. My previous blog has got over 10,000 views! 11,489 as of now to be exact. 11,489 divided by 12 is about 957, so I get almost a thousand views monthly, and 32 views daily. I'd say that's a job well done! Mostly because I advertise my blog through Facebook. Now that I've deactivated Facebook (have you noticed?), I'm expecting much less views, but that will just show whether I have loyal fans or not!
  3. I received a new phone as an upgrade from Orange. It's called the Samsung Galaxy SII, and a worthy contender to the iPhone 4. It's been amazing and I look forward to using it all the way through 2012. It lets me blog on the go and take nice looking pictures too. A man's best friend.
  4. I saw a real boob, by accident! Although you'd probably think I'd be happy, I really wasn't! I'd take it back if I could, or, give it back? Erm, don't worry though, if you're reading this, it probably wasn't you...
Seriously, my brain is hurting from trying to recall events from last year. My memory seems to be worse than the average person, so I need to be constantly reminded of things. Sorry. Also, I guess that 2011 just hasn't been that memorable for me.

2012... the dreaded resolutions
Here I go again, making resolutions that I could never keep. But you know what, I have a good feeling about 2012. Maybe it's because of the fact that the world is gonna end, or maybe because it's my final year in school, but whatever the reason, I'm gonna make 2012 the best year yet. And I need you guys (my friends) to help me achieve my goal! If you're some random reader from another country, I guess you could help by just reading my blog. Thanks.

  1. Be nicer - Yeah that's a bit vague actually. Basically, although I may seem nice on the outside (hehe), I'm actually a backstabbing bastard... maybe not that bad. But I do gossip and talk about people behind their backs, I'll admit it. This is unacceptable and has got to stop. If I talk to someone I dislike, I must talk in a friendly manner. All hate must be kept inside and hidden away. Yeah, that'd make a great resolution, and make me pleased with myself.
  2. Lose weight - I've said this many times now, and it's never happened. Well 2012, I need your strength to help me move off my ass and exercise! Thanks. I need to look good for when I go uni. Who's gonna talk to me if I look like a fat slob?
  3. Stop watching dirty things - Yeah, uh... that's pretty self-explanatory.
  4. Sleep earlier - I kinda stole this one off ScatterrBrained's New Year's Resolution post, under The Serious Business section. I sleep, WAY too late. Usually 1-2, but sometimes as late as 4 in the morning. Due to this, I can never focus 100% on any day. Sleeping earlier will allow me to concentrate more and tackle my everyday obstacles.
  5. Be happy - Sometimes, I can get pretty emotional. Like, depressed and that. I'll try my best to stay positive and look on the bright side from now on. Being happy is healthy, so I hear. And maybe, I could even influence other people to be happy.
I guess that's it for now. Those are all my resolutions. I hope I can keep them, and if you guys have any resolutions, I hope you can keep them too!

The future
I can already see 2012 holding many promises and opportunities for me. I have to take every chance and make the most of it. This year, I will finish high school and hopefully go to a good university. It's going to be a big step and the next stage in my life. I used to think 'I don't wanna grow up! I wanna stay a kid forever! Time is moving too quickly!' and you know what, I'm actually looking forward to the future now. I can't wait to see what it holds for me!

I hope you stay with me throughout all of 2012 too! Happy New Year!



3 comments:

  1. Wow that's pretty impressive with the number of views you had! and thanks for the mention... xD but yes, wow, im impressed with the shear amount of posts you have written over the last year! add oil for this year ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your new blog! Well done and keep going :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. TEN GIRLS?!?! THAT IS MANY!
    ALSO, GET FACEBOOK BACK, ARE YOU CRAZY? ARE YOU A CRAZY MOFO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete