Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Thursday 19 January 2012

Lemon Drizzle Victoria Sandwich Cake, and Pizza


Today was my last lesson of Food Tech at school, and we made cake and pizza. My partner ditched me, so I made everything by myself. Well, mostly everything, I got some help off a friend.








Wow that's quite a lot of pictures. By the way, the cake tasted real nice! And because I can't share my own cake with you guys, I asked the teacher for the recipe and here it is!

The recipe
225g of caster sugar
225g of margarine
225g of self raising flour
4 eggs
2 level teaspoons of baking powder
Zest and the juice of 1 lemon
 Jam or lemon curd           
2x 20 cm sandwich tins, lightly oiled and base lined with greaseproof paper.

Pre heat oven to gas 4, electric 170 C.

  1. Weigh out all the cake ingredients into a bowl and beat together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
  2. Grate the lemon and then cut it in half and squeeze out the juice. Put the juice on one side.
    Mix the zest into the cake mixture.
  3. Divide equally into the two greased, lined tins.
  4. Place on a lower shelf in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.   Meanwhile mix the lemon juice with 2 spoonfuls of caster sugar in a small bowl.
  5. Test the cakes with a skewer to see if they are cooked through.         Turn out onto a cooling rack and turn one of the cakes back over so that its top is uppermost. Poke a few holes in it with a skewer or fork.       Spoon over the lemon and sugar mixture.
  6. Sandwich the two cakes together with lemon curd or jam.
  7. Eat.
And that's all there is to it!




Oh, I also made a pizza, but I don't have the recipe for that. It looks ugly, but it also tasted real nice.


3 comments:

  1. Woow i certainly am impressed, this is a huge improvement from your salmon coconut pasta! Bravo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew you'd be proud xD Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. U will be fine in Uni then :D

    ReplyDelete