Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Sunday 15 January 2012

Udon's birthday karaoke

8:23
Woke up. Don't wanna, but have to.

10:10
Playing PS3. I just wanna do this all day.

11:25
Just got on the bus to go Pom's house, where Jam's gonna pick me up.

12:27
Arrived at Pom's. Extremely tired, and my phone already has only 70% left.

13:27
Jam's taking too long, so I decided to catch the bus. Going to meet Swan. She's already there. Crap, I'm late.

14:39
In Forever 21 with Swan. She's gone in the fitting rooms, and I've been waiting for like 30 minutes now. Just kidding.

15:20
Now in H&M. How long will this last for...

I kinda stopped updating then, cos I forgot. I'll blog how the day went now. I'll start from meeting up Victory.

Me and Swan saw Victory get off the bus, and I didn't wanna run to get him cos he was far away. So instead, I called him and told him to come KFC. Yeah, I had KFC, but only a small wrap thing! After, went to Card Factory to get Udon a birthday card. Oh, did I mention this karaoke thing is for her birthday? Me and Victory bought a card saying 'Happy 7th Birthday!' or something, because it was only 29p. Then I bought a Sharpie and we drew in a '1' in front of the 7 to make it 17. Hahahaha we are so funny.

We met up Jam too, and after shopping at Primark, we made our way to CCK, the karaoke place. Only Udon and a couple of friends were there first, but then suddenly loads of brown people came. So I went downstairs. I have to admit it was pretty awkward. I mean, I kinda knew them, but didn't talk because they're all in the year below me. Now that I think about it, I was actually the oldest one there.

So yeah, it was awkward. Us Chinese people segregated into the corner (as I had predicted) but then after going outside and talking to a few of them first, it became more comfortable. I got to know more of them and they're actually pretty nice!

Erm let's see, what happened next? It was such a long day I can't remember. I think the drinks came and I drank like 3/4 a bottle of WKD. I know, I said I don't drink, but I was really thirsty. In fact, it made me even more thirsty... Victory kept telling me WKD has loads of calories, and made me stop drinking it, but he also peer pressured me into drinking vodka! I smelt it and it was so strong, I could never take it. That was the only alcoholic drink I took that night. Oh wait, May forced me to down some vodka mixed with coke I think. It went up my nostrils so I think my nose got drunk.

There was a lot of singing, but mostly rap and I hate rap. Mainly cos I can't rap. To be honest, I tend to avoid karaokes because I don't like singing, but then I realised it's kinda okay to be honest. Still, I'd rather not go hahaha.

Later in the night, Swan prepared Udon's cake, and we sang Happy Birthday to her. Some people gave very touching speeches. Udon cut the cake afterwards, and gave me a piece, only to have Victory snatch it away from me and say 'Do you wanna get even fatter?'. Luckily though, Udon fed me a piece, and then Butter, and then Lettuce. Even though Victory tried to stop them. Thing is though, I felt even more like a pig because those three fed me. But man, the cake was so nice. Which reminds me, the girl who made the cake was sitting with this guy who had his arm around her and Jam said 'Are you guys-' and then he did a thrusting motion. The guy said 'We're cousins. Oh man, it was so awkward!

Spin the bottle
I put on Love Story by Taylor Swift, and then stole a microphone and began to sing. May came over, and we sang together. Man, I was so sick I didn't even have to look at the screen. But I did because I had nowhere else to look at.

Around 10 o'clock I think, everyone started to leave, leaving only the Chinese people. I thought to myself, finally, I can pick the songs. I grabbed the mic, and proceeded to sing all the Taylor Swift songs. Oh by the way, I sill hate singing. I don't really know what came over me. Also sang Knock You Down by Keri Hilson, Run by Leona Lewis and 童话 by 光良. It was pretty sick. We could finally hear ourselves sing since it went from 20+ people (some of us didn't even have seats) to 8. After belting it out for like, an hour (11pm), it was finally time to go home. Jam drove Swan back first, then Butter, then Victory, and finally me.
Gotta say, I didn't dislike it as much as I thought I would have. I guess it's good to go out once in a while rather than stay stuck at home. But man, all that PS3 I could have played instead...

01:30
Finished writing the blog.

2 comments: