Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Thursday 23 February 2012

Interview at the University of Manchester

Instead of going to school yesterday, I went to Manchester instead. I just realised I wrote 'instead' twice, but it looks funny so I'm going to leave it.

Anyway, I went there with my parents because I had an interview at the university to see if they would offer me a place there to study this September. Honestly, I was a bit nervous. I don't have much experience with interviews and I didn't really know what to expect even after asking my friends and researching on the Internet.

I arrived in Manchester with my parents at around 11am. For some reason, I was daydreaming in the middle of the road. A car coming behind me had to slow down for me to realise what I was doing, and I cooly walked out the way. My cousin Beef, who already goes to that uni, came to meet me as he had just finished a morning lecture. He had to go after showing me where to go though. Oh, before that, I bought some soft mints so that the interviewer may be impressed. When I arrived at the destination, the lecturer came over and asked for my name so he could tick me off. He then asked if I was nervous and I replied 'Can't say I'm not' and he said 'I'll let you in a little secret, we've actually already considered you for an offer. The interview is just to see whether you like it or not'. I thought CHILLING!

The first part of the day required me to go on a small tour of the area surrounding the uni. I gotta say, it seemed pretty good. Very convenient. 5 minutes was all you needed to be able to walk from the building to many different shops, to the library, to the museum and the aquatics. They even had a music building where you can borrow a room to practice in, or have instrumental lessons.

My mom told me to talk to some of the other interviewees, but they all looked really nerdy. I mean, I don't mind but I just didn't feel like it. Before the interview, there were a few talks from computer science lecturers. I went up to this guy and introduced myself but I forgot his name now. He seemed like an alright guy. How come it's so easy to talk to guys but not girls?! This other larger dude came over later, and us three were the only 'acquaintances'. Everyone else was just silent. The talks went on and when I was called for the interview, I found out that my interviewer was a Chinese man. LOL. He was nicknamed KK by the students and the other lecturers for some reason. I never found out why.

For the actual interview, it was really unexpected. The only question he asked me was:

Do you have any questions to ask me?


I had more trouble thinking of questions! I just asked random things like 'How's the city? What's the course like? Are there any fit girls here?'

Alright so I didn't ask the last one, but it was just like a chat, so easy. With this offer, I now have all five offers from all the universities I applied for, which is totally super awesome! Now I just need the grades.

I can't wait to go Manchester, UNI GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment