Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Wednesday 15 February 2012

I'm thankful for...

For this post, I'd like to just write about the things I'm thankful for in life. I've never really appreciated what I've had before, and I wanna just do this now before I forget.


My family


My family is what I'm thankful for the most. I admit, sometimes I take them for granted. I don't give them the respect they deserve. I let them down so many times, but they've never once given up on me. That's what families are for; they support you no matter what. My dad is an amazing guy, and my granddad is just as amazing. In one of my future posts, I'll tell you about how they survived the Vietnam War and ended up in the UK. When I heard about it, I thought it was like a film. It seemed so unreal, and I'm sure I couldn't have held it together during all the suffering they experienced.

My grandma has always been so nice to me. I've sometimes found her annoying, but she's only doing it for my own good. She's had a sad history, but she's an extremely strong-willed woman. She's been through so much, but never broke down even once. One time during a holiday to Vietnam, she even got hit by a car. She had to stay in hospital for a few days and had a titanium rod inserted into her leg for support.

My mom had to begin working at her family owned tea shop at 12 years old. She has had a much better childhood compared to my dad's, but is still very tough compared to the childhood I've had. Maybe it is because of this that she is so harsh on me. Ever since I could think, she's always been a scary and strict woman, but as I got older I began to understand the reason behind it. Yes, she is still very strict but it is completely for my own good. We're both very stubborn so we end up disagreeing with each other a lot, but I'm usually wrong. Without my mom, I think I'd probably fail as a person.

Although I argue with my brother a lot, we do get along very well. I can't wait till he's older and more mature. I'm sure we'll be very great friends.

I'm thankful for my family and all my relatives who are also really really nice.

My friends

I've had many friends over the course of my life, and I'm thankful for every one that I've met. Along with my family, they've made me who I am. I thank them for encouraging me and giving me advice through hard times, and being with me during happy times. I've had some incredible experiences and adventures with lots of different friends, and some of them were the most exciting times of my life.

Chicken wings


I absolutely love chicken wings! It's my favourite food. I'm thankful that I get to eat it occasionally, and I'm even more thankful that my mom and grandma can make some of the best chicken wings around!

My hair

I'm thankful that my hair is naturally straight and thick. It means I don't have to spend a long time trying to stylise it and preparing to go town. Also, it attracts the ladies hehe.

Blogger


Blogger allows me to express my emotions and thoughts, and share with people my experiences. I'm thankful for that and also for when I'm older because I can go back on stripeytofu.blogspot.com and read what I wrote many years ago.

I planned to write much much more, but this post was more difficult to write than I had anticipated. I'm thankful for many more things, but I'll leave this for now.


What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

  1. awh, i like this post! I might do this tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's really sweet. You deserve someone who loves you.

    ReplyDelete