Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Wednesday 28 March 2012

The Vow

I just finished watching The Vow starring Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams, and my days is it super good! I'm a sucker for romance films in case you didn't know. I've written a few reviews for romance films in my old blog: Just FriendsHow to Lose a Guy in 10 Days and No Strings Attached.

Anyway, I was watching the film on my phone even though I have tons of homework accumulated over the weeks, because... I'm badass like that.

The film started off well. I became instantly attracted to the characters. Channing Tatum played Leo, some guy who opened up a recording company. As usual, his performance was on par, and all emotions were portrayed clearly. I felt happy when he was happy, felt upset when he was upset and angry when he was angry. I could understand his emotions well. Rachel McAdams also did well as her character. She plays as Paige, the wife of Leo. Due to an accident however, she loses her memory of Leo completely. The story follows Leo as he tries to help his wife regain her memory.

The concept of amnesia has always intrigued me. It's a mysterious and unfortunate thing, but this allows many interesting stories to be spun around it. I really had no idea how the ending would turn out. I thought maybe Leo would have to forget about her and move on. Not saying he doesn't, or does he?

Not gonna lie, the film made me cry. I haven't cried from watching a film since like, two months ago! I haven't seen a good romance like this in a long time. It makes me believe that love is a real and obtainable feeling.

I was more surprised to find out that the film was based on a real story. I immediately searched it up once the movie ended. You can read about it here, but basically this chick lost her memory because of a tragic accident. More specifically, she lost 18 months worth of memories, which included the time she first met, dated and married her husband. The dude didn't give up on her though. For several years, he tried to help her regain her memory. It never came back. Even so, they have been married for over 20 years now and have two kids. How? She fell in love with him again. There's no doubt about it, those two are soulmates.

Such an amazing story is inspiring. The dude is so great for not giving up on his wife, who even once said she hated him.

Guys, if there's a girl you really totally love, don't let her go, ever.

Oh so anyway, the film. I loved it. I recommend it totally just cos it has Channing Tatum in it. He's awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment