Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Sunday 25 March 2012

Tote

Yesterday, there was a school event at 7PM called Tote (short for Taste of the East, but cool people call it Tote). I started the day by playing PS3 when I should have been preparing for the second part of my art exam. Anyway, I still had no idea what to wear. In the end, I wore my skinny jeans and a shirt/cardigan thing. They were combined so I couldn't take the cardigan off. After I got dressed, I tried to style my hair. But I hadn't done it in so long, I'd lost the skills. My hair was also too long and it kept going back down. The sun didn't help either, it melted the wax and my hair looked normal.

I arrived in Walsall by bus and met up with Jam outside Poundland. He was wearing casual clothing and said to me he was planning to buy new clothes in town. During that time, Hench and Victory kept calling us. We were running pretty late and Pom was counting on Jam to take him to Hench's house. Oh yeah, I forgot to say we were gonna go to his house first for a 'session'.

We got there in the end after Jam bought all his clothes and vodka. We had an hour to chill so Hench decided to make us play a game called Ring of Fire. I really really did not want to play, but I eventually gave in to peer pressure. I took 3 shots in total, which was 1000 times too much my limit. The last time I drank was 2 years ago and I really didn't like the experience. To make matters worst, Hench crushed my special white glasses I bought from HK. I had so many memories with them. What a douche. He was also the one who made me drink all the shots even though I protested. He's still a good friend though. We arrived pretty early at school, and met up with Rucksack, Keyhole, Yoghurt and Ninja. I was still extremely tipsy at that time, and kept asking random questions. It's weird cos I could think alright, but couldn't control my actions. I thought it'd go away after a couple of hours but no, it lasted about four. Crazy stuff. I don't think people like me when I'm drunk so I vow that I won't drink vodka again from now on.

Miss my glasses...
A little bit later, the Indian girls sat down on the table next to us: Armpit, Zumba, Seaman, Hammer, Summers and Dimples. Oh, and Udon. Udon looked funny cos her tights had little black hearts on them. The others were dressed in Indian clothes and everyone looked really pretty.

Me and Hammer :)
The starters came and they were nice, but freakin' spicy! I can take spiciness but it was just unexpected. I asked Sunmers what she thought of the food and she said it wasn't spicy at all. Man, spicy food must taste bland to Indian people. Just kidding.

Later, two women from the dance group 'Desi Nach' asked people to go on the dance floor and learn a dance. Me and Victory went up along with some guys and Armpit and Zumba. It was a new experience to say the least. I definitely wouldn't have done it without alcohol in my body. With my new moves, I tried my best to fit in with all the Indian people who were naturally good at dancing to Indian music. It often got really hot and stuffy, so I took regular breaks outside in the chilly air.

Afterwards in the queue to get food, the two 'Desi Nach' women were in front of me, and asked if I was dancing with them before when they were teaching. I was like 'Yeah, but I can't dance at all' and they were like 'We can't dance either' and I was like 'No! You guys were amazing up there!' and then took a picture with them. When I collected my food (served by some good friends in the year below), I sat down and started to eat, but then Victory (who I think got a little tipsy and went crazy) slapped me and pulled me up and told me to go dance. I sighed and went with him. I can't say I'm a good dancer, but in a worse Indian dancer. I mean, in a club, you could literally dance however you want, but if you didn't do Indian moves here, you'd stand out. I couldn't exactly do the wave or the running man or shuffling there. I was parched and needed water, but some assholes stuck black bin bags over the water dispensers. One theory was that the bar was making no money and forced us to buy water from them. What did they expect when they moved the age limit to buy alcohol to 21? Most of us were 18 or younger.

At one point, I told my friend Meerkat to infiltrate this group of four Indian girls with me by dancing with them. 5 minutes later though, Meerkat was nowhere to be seen. I asked the girls of they wanted a photo using my sexy camera, but three of them rejected and that one girl wasn't gonna take a picture by herself. Annoyed, I just walked away.

The night finally ended and DNA (Jam, Pom and me) said our goodbyes. Jam and I were gonna stay at Pom's house for the night because Tote ended at 11PM and my buses stopped running then, I think. When we got to Pom's house, we checked the photos and found we took about 300 photos. I didn't even take half of those. We tried uploading them straight away but the computer couldn't handle uploading 1.8GB worth of photos.

I'd say it was quite fun, but not worth my £16! I could have went clubbing instead, or watched 4 films at AMC, or got 3 Big Mac meals or saved it up or whatever. Oh well, it was my last year of school so I thought might as well.

4 comments: