Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Tuesday 27 March 2012

The day after Tote

I slept on the top bunk bed in the guest room of Pom's house. Jam slept on the lower. Pom slept on the floor. I woke up first, and realised I was sleeping on my phone. Knowing that the two were deep sleepers, I climbed down the ladder, not caring whether they would hear or not. Like I thought, they didn't wake up from the squeaky sound of the bunk bed.

I went to have a quick wee and proceeded to go into Pom's room to type up the Tote post. When I finished, I went back to the guest room to find that Jam was awake. We chatted for a while and then discussed how to get out the house. Basically, Pom didn't tell his mom we were staying over, so we tried to sneak out without her knowing. Our first plan was to jump out the window. I was actually up for it until I realised it was actually kinda high. Also, my shoes were in the house. Jam came up with a great plan, but before that I have to explain the situation.

Jam and Pom's families were gonna have a meal in Birmingham, and they invited me to go. This was going to happen at 12PM. It was 9AM at the time when we discussed the plan. The problem was, Jam's car was at Hench's house. Jam texted Hench asking him to pick him up to his house to get his car back. The problem with that was Jam's car was blocking Hench's car. Screwed, I decided to go with Jam to Hench's house by bus.

Now back to the plan: Jam suggested that Pom open the front door, then Jam and I would run out quickly, then go back in and pretend we'd just arrived. It was a good plan, but executing it was risky. The stairs creak and the door is loud when it opens. Pom managed to get downstairs and unlock the door quietly. His mom spotted him apparently, and he came back to us saying 'There's no point doing this, my mom knows you're here'. We walked downstairs in shame. Pom's mom explained that she knew because Pom wasn't sleeping in his room. She then said 'You should have told me! I would have got the duvets ready'. It was an unexpected reaction.

So with that, Jam and I left to try and get his car and drive to the restaurant by 12PM. To catch the bus, we had to walk to town which took about 40 minutes. We couldn't catch the bus because we had no change, even in Pom's house. After the long trek, we extracted money from the ATM. Feeling hungry, we then decided to go to the cafe opposite. It's called Jenny's. The place looked pretty cool, and the guy who served us looked like Robert Downey Jr. David ordered the Olympic Breakfast and I got traditional. It was actually really nice! Realising we'd spent too much time there, we hurried to find the bus stop. Unfortunately, the next bus was in 45 minutes. We found a bench nearby and just sat there and talked. We talked about how funny it would be if we never spoke to each other again in university.


Finally, the bus arrived and we got on it. There was just a small problem. We didn't know where to get off to get to Hench's house. In order to find out, Jam whipped out both his iPhones and inputted Hench's address in them. He lent me one so that we could both keep track of where we were using GPS. At this point, we realised there was no way to get to the restaurant in time. We got off the bus when it got as near to the destination as possible. Using our combined instincts and skills, we braved long roads, hot weather and jealously of sexy houses and cars before reaching Hench's house. Remembering that there were two front doors, and they only answered the left one, we knocked. It was about 10 minutes before the door opened. Hench probably got lost whilst trying to look for the front door. Or maybe he was underground a few floors. It's probably take me a day to visit every room in his house.

Inside, we were treated with great hospitality. Hench offered us drinks and snacks and we just chatted for a long time. The conversations were interesting and educational. I learnt that love is a complicated thing, and it often never goes your way... Er, anyway.

We left after a couple of hours. Jam said to me 'stripeytofu, why didn't we go to the restaurant first with Pom's mom, then go Hench's house to collect my car? That way, we could have saved money from breakfast and bus fare'. It was true.

No comments:

Post a Comment