Pages

Random Message

Maybe you're not a moon. Maybe you're a star - it is in your name.
Stars don't need planets, they shine alone. - Anon.

Monday 2 April 2012

Small kids do not have genders

I was just having a poo on the toilet, when an ingenious idea came into my head. Oh, before that though, does ingenious and genius mean the same thing?

So yeah, there I was, on the toilet, doing my thing, when I suddenly thought: You know what, kids don't really have a gender until they reach puberty. Why? Well, from when they're born to when they're about 11-12, there aren't really any major differences between them, apart from the way they pee. When I confronted my brother about this idea, he said, 'They dress different, they look different'.

To that, I said 'Well for those things, they have a choice. They chose what to wear, they chose how to look, but that does not make a boy a boy. Girls can wear 'boy's' clothes but that won't make them a boy'.

So kids are genderless until they go through puberty where they begin to think like a person with a gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment